Master of Criminal Justice: Criminal Justice Leadership
All students in the Criminal Justice Leadership program option must complete the following
degree requirements. All classes are 8-weeks and online.
- Complete all four (4) core courses with a B- or above
- Complete five (5) elective courses, 3 courses of which need to be in the Criminal Justice Leadership track.
- Complete CJ 693: Criminal Justice Capstone with a B- or above.
All students are required to take the following courses (8-week online):
- CJ 600: Criminal Justice Administration
- CJ 601: Criminal Justice Statistics
- CJ 602: Criminal Justice Research Methods
- CJ 624: Theories of Criminal Behavior
Criminal Justice Leadership Emphasis Classes
Students choose a minimum of three (3) of the following courses for the Criminal Justice Leadership track. Each course is 3 credit hours.
- CJ 671: Communications for Criminal Justice Leaders
- CJ 672: Conflict Resolution and Decision-Making
- CJ 673: Criminal Justice Evidence-Based Decision-Making
- CJ 674: Budgeting and Finance
- CJ 676: Principles of Leadership
- CJ 678: Diversity and Inclusivity
- CJ 679: Special Topics in Criminal Justice Leadership *
- CJ 680: Personnel Management*
- CJ 649: Independent Study*
*May be taken 2 times with a different topic.
Degree Culmination: Criminal Justice Capstone
All students must complete the CJ 693: Capstone Course. This class is 3 credit hours. Students review, research, and evaluate a criminal justice, emergency management, or homeland security policy or issue resulting in a systematic review paper. Students must complete this course with a grade of B- or above.