Law Studies Internship
FACULTY INSTRUCTOR: Dr. Linda Keena
Law Studies students at the University of Mississippi may complete an internship as an elective course. Internships provide on-the-job experience in practical paralegal skills. Students work a minimum of 135 clock hours at the internship site. Students receive 3 hours of academic credit, and the current tuition rate and fees apply.
Students apply for internships by meeting with their academic adviser and the paralegal internship instructor. Students are responsible for identifying a site that is willing to host an internship. Internship positions may be developed both within the State of Mississippi and out‐of‐state.
No student will be allowed to enroll for internship credit for working with his/her current or in position(s) which he/she already holds or work for a relative or family member.
To be eligible to intern, students must return the Information Sheet and appropriate Learning Agreement to the instructor no later than the last day of classes of the semester before you plan to do your internship.
Please note that all regular drop/add deadlines pursuant to the University of Mississippi Academic Calendar apply to LA 495.
1) Determine your proposed internship site and reach out to them. If they are willing to work with you, complete the Internship Learning Agreement form here: LA 495 Internship Learning Agreement. Please note this document requires the signatures of both you and your supervisor.
2) Complete the Application and Proposed Site Documentation
- Click here for the online application, click here: LA 495 Online Application
- OR You may download the CJ 490 Application and Proposed Site here: LA Student Application
– Attach the completed Internship Learning Agreement (Files type must be Document, Adobe Acrobat or Image).