Master of Criminal Justice: Homeland Security & Emergency Management (Online)
All students in the Homeland Security & Emergency Management program option must complete the following degree requirements. All classes are 8-weeks and online.
- Complete all four (4) core courses with a B- or above
- Complete five (5) elective courses, 3 courses of which need to be in the Homeland Security and Emergency Management track.
- Complete CJ 693: Criminal Justice Capstone with a B- or above.
All students are required to take the following courses (8-week online):
- CJ 600: Criminal Justice Administration
- CJ 601: Criminal Justice Statistics
- CJ 602: Criminal Justice Research Methods
- CJ 624: Theories of Criminal Behavior
Homeland Security & Emergency Management Emphasis Classes:
Students choose a minimum of three (3) of the following courses for the Homeland Security and Emergency Management program option. Each course is 3 credit hours.
- CJ 630: Seminar in Homeland Security Operations
- CJ 631: Seminar in Emergency Management
- CJ 632: Seminar in Extremism and Terrorism
- CJ 634: Emergency Response Management Policy and Planning
- CJ 636: Critical Infrastructure Security
- CJ 642: Cyber Crime and Cybersecurity
- CJ 641: Transnational Crime
- CJ 651: Special Topics in Emergency Management & Homeland Security*
- CJ 649: Independent Study *
*May be taken 2 times with a different topic.
Degree Culmination: Criminal Justice Capstone
All students must complete the CJ 693: Capstone Course. This class is 3 credit hours. Students review, research, and evaluate a criminal justice, emergency management, or homeland security policy or issue resulting in a systematic review paper. Students must complete this course with a grade of B- or above.