MCJ-online, Application Requirements:
The MCJ online program options accept rolling admission. We ask that applicants submit their completed applications (including all letters of recommendation received) at least 4-6 weeks before the start of the term seeking admission.
- Evidence of an awarded Baccalaureate Degree from an accredited college or university.
- Quality of the applicant’s academic record, as evidenced by cumulative grade point average. At least a 3.0 or equivalent grade point average on the last 60 hours of undergraduate coursework is required.
- Three (3) letters of professional recommendation, preferably from professors familiar with your academic qualifications or others familiar with your work ethic and ability to be successful in graduate school.
- Statement of Interest. A 400- to 500-word statement of interest that describes your interest in pursuing the Master of Criminal Justice degree, your chosen emphasis in 1) Policy & Practice (in-person), 2) Homeland Security & Emergency Management (fully online), or 3) Criminal Justice Leadership (fully online), your future career goals, and why you believe you will be successful in graduate school.
- Writing Sample. Submit a sample of your recent written work that best showcases your skills as a writer and critical thinker. Writing samples should be in English and no more than 10 double-spaced pages in length. There are no specific formatting requirements. This could be a term paper, professional report, policy brief, or any other document that demonstrates writing and analytic skills.
- International students must demonstrate compliance with the University of Mississippi’s English Language Proficiency Score Requirements and Exemptions policy.
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae.
Please note that the Department of Criminal Justice & Legal Studies does NOT require the submission of GRE scores for the Master of Criminal Justice program.